Sunday, January 25, 2009

Greetings

Hello and welcome to A New Approach: Immigration Reform in the United States. This blog will attempt to chronicle the efforts being made around the country to reform immigration policy.

My name is Cameron Jones and as native of southern Arizona I know first-hand the benefits of immigration and the rich addition of cultures it brings to our country. But I also believe the current immigration policy is a flawed and inefficient one. It is for that reason that I chose to cover this topic for my blog.



Immigration reform is a controversial subject with strong opinions on both sides. Because it is a hot-button issue attempts at reforming the system have proven difficult. But with legal immigration taking years and illegal immigration putting a tremendous strain on public services, not to mention the estimated 12 to 15 million people already living illegally in the United States, the system is in dire need a comprehensive reform. Forcing people into the shadows hurts them and it hurts the United States, and I hope to find out what is being done, and what needs to be done, to improve immigration policy in this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment